MODIFICATIONS FOR LEWISTOWN:
- DRIVER’S DOOR MAY BE WELDED SHUT FOR DRIVER’S SAFTEY
- DRIVER’S DOOR MUST BE WHITE
- METAL AND PLASTIC FUEL TANKS ALLOWED
- MINI VANS ALLOWED – NO 4-WHEEL DRIVES
ALL CARS MUST REMAIN STOCK UNLESS SPECIFIED BELOW! THIS MEANS IF IT DIDN’T COME FROM THE FACTORY WITH IT, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO IT. NO WELDING!!!!
- ALL chrome, door handles, glass, body molding etc. must be removed. ALL interior must be removed. Removal of the dashboard and driver’s door panel are optional. Original gas tank must be removed from car.
- Fuel tanks must be mounted securely inside the car, behind the driver’s seat. 10 gallon max capacity. Must be an approved fuel tank (boat tanks are ok).
- Electric fuel pumps may be used, but must be mounted securely inside the car and wired to a separate switch that is clearly marked. You may have a minimum of 1 maximum of 2 bars mounted from the firewall to the roof in the windshield area (maximum of 3 inch material #9 wire or chain).
ALL CARS MUST HAVE 2 WINDSHIELD BARS, OR 1 CENTER BAR AND EXPANDED METAL SCREEN (NO WINDOW SCREEN!) OVER THE DRIVER SIDE. BELOW ARE 3 VIEWS FROM FRONT OF A CAR
- ABSOLUTELY NO WELDING!!!!
- Trimming corners of bumpers and fender wells is ok. No fastening any inner panel or webbing to outer sheet metal unless specified in the rules (EXAMPLE: You can’t bolt inner fender to outer fender etc.).
- Hoods must be chained or wired shut (maximum of 3/8” chains or 3 loops of #9 wire). NO WELDING OR BOLTING SHUT. Maximum of 4 points. Single wrap chain only. Hinges DO NOT count as points.
- Trunks must be chained or wired shut. NO WELDING OR BOLTING SHUT. Maximum of 4 points. Single wrap chain or 3 of #9 wire. Hinges DO NOT count as points.
- Doors must be chained or wired shut. NO WELDING OR BOLTING SHUT. Maximum of 4 points. Single wrap chain or #9 wire only. An optional plate can be bolted to the outer driver’s door skin for driver protection. Plate must be a min thickness of ¹⁄ ” and max thickness of ¹⁄ ”. Max height of 16” and must go from door seam to door seam, plate may not exceed more than 3” past door seam on either side. Plate must be fastened with min of (6) – ¹⁄ ” bolts and up to a max of (10) – ¹⁄ ” bolts. Up to 3” diameter oversized washers may be used to prevent bolts from pulling through the door. An optional window “net” or “screen” made of metal may be used over driver’s side window opening ONLY for driver protection. May be attached at up to 2 points on the roof and 2 points on the door. If you choose to do this, it will count as 2 fastening points on the driver’s door. THIS IS NOT MANDATORY, BUT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- No frame chains.
- Body bolts and mounts must remain stock and in stock location. No adding extra body bolts
- No suspension modifications allowed. Overload springs must be removed. Aftermarket shackles must be removed or lowered to lowest point. Steering and shocks may not be modified. No aftermarket steering knuckles or columns. No tying in coil springs and no clamping leafs.
- Motors and transmissions must remain complete stock and in stock location. Motors and transmissions must be family line to make of car. Motors and transmissions must be mounted with factory stock mounts and may be fastened securely with chain only (1 per side). No engine cradles (NO WELDING OF ANY FORM). FACTORY STOCK MOTORS AND
TRANSMISSIONS ONLY. NO AFTERMARKET OR HIGH PERFORMANCE MOTORS OR PARTS.
THIS MEANS MOTORS MUST BE FACTORY STOCK FROM CARB TO OIL PAN.
- Radiators must remain stock and in stock location. Fans may be removed. No wire mesh between radiator and fan. NO OTHER COOLING IS ALLOWED! Expandable or spray in foam may NOT be used to secure radiator. Aluminum radiators are ok.
- Transmission coolers may be used if they are mounted securely in the rear seat area. Cooler lines must be steel or hydraulic hose. NO FUEL LINE!
- Carburetor linkage and transmission linkage may be modified. Carburetor may have a wire or cable running from throttle on carburetor to the inside of the car as a backup. Aftermarket throttle and pedal assemblies are NOT allowed.
- Exhaust must be cut a minimum of 3 feet from the manifold. Headers through the hood are allowed.
- Batteries must be moved inside of the car to the front passenger floor area, mounted securely, and covered.
- All cars must have factory stock working brakes.
- No extra weight may be added to cars.
- No frame modifications or reinforcement.
- Pre-bending body tin and frame notching is ok. NO REWELDING NOTCHES IN FRAME. No cold tilting.
- O.T approved tires only. Maximum of 16” wheel. No split rims. No ag, skidder, or studded tires. No tire flaps or tire inside tire. Air only in tires.
- 2 holes must be cut in hood one on each side of carburetor to aid in extinguishing fires.
- Shock bumpers may be fastened securely with CHAIN OR WIRE ONLY (1 loop chain, or 3 wraps #9 wire) in a fashion as to prevent them from falling off. NO WELDING OR BOLTING. Shock bumpers must be mounted with factory stock mounts and bolts only. Bumper height must not exceed 18” to bottom of bumper. Stock bumpers only. NO SWAPPING!
- Rear ends must be of passenger car origin. Locked, posi, or spool is ok. No truck rear ends. Must be of family line. Must have stock factory style driveshaft. No aftermarket sliders.
FACOTRY STOCK AXLES ONLY. REARENDS MUST BE BOLTED IN USING STOCK FACOTRY MOUNTS. NO MODIFYING REARENDS OR MOUNTS TO FIT. NO BRACED HOUSING CAGE!
- For drivers safety a cage is not mandatory but highly recommended. A floating cage can only be made out of 3 inch material welded to sheet metal ONLY. The only thing that can attach to the floor is rollover protection. A gas tank mount maybe attached to seat bar only and must be minimum 8 inches from ALL sheet metal.